Saturday, September 21, 2013

Friday Night Dinner with Marie Laure and Her Lovely Family

Well, I am skipping forward to last night (before I go back to "catch up"!) to share my wonderful dinner with Marie-Laure, who lives across the way, and who helps Kay oversee the house! She had greeted me when we arrived with the house and car keys. She has been there with any questions about the house. (Like, how do you put this Mercedes in reverse? You pull up the clutch to get the gear to reverse!)
She and her husband Emmanuel have four darling daughters: Cecile(9), Anne and Sophie (twins who are 7), and Marie (4)! The three older girls have had some English in School, so we could talk some. (I asked what days they have school; they knew the English to answer me.)
Marie Laure served typical Burgundy fare; I was delighted as these were new to me! I had seen the eggs on menus, but not for meals we had out.
          Gougeres-a baked cheese appetizer (recipe to follow!)
          Sliced fresh tomatoes
          Bread
          Oeuvres Meurette- poached eggs in red wine
          Red wine
          Cheese-Tome, Epoisse, Brillat:DELICIOUS,  and all new to me!!
          Chocolate pear tart

What a great treat every thing was!!

Red wine with poached eggs

Chocolate pear tart















I had gone to dinner with my camera and French-English dictionary in hand, and really enjoyed talking with both Marie Laure and Emmanuel to  learn more about their lives in Bussy-le-Grand. Emmanuel, the son of a farmer, now owns with his brother, their own farm with 1000 acres where they grow wheat, rapeseed, barley, and peas (for feed).
Maris-Laure and Emmanuel have lived in their house for seven years.  The girls go off to school at 8 and return home at noon for lunch; the bus then picks them up at 1 to return to school until 5. A full day!!       

Thank you, Marie Laure and Emmanuel, for your wonderful hospitality! I am most appreciative. I hope to see you in Boston some day!

6 comments:

  1. What a treat! Everything looks so delicious. Marie Laure and Emmanuel have a lovely family of all girls! Like David and Suz., minus one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gougeres are delicious! That meal looks so yummy! Nice picture of you and les adorables petites filles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa!!! How cute are these little girls? Thanks for coming along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very cute! Enjoying the ride! Thanks for sharing your adventures:)

    ReplyDelete