Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Seeing a Policeman at Work!!

When I was in Nice, I would see groups of
four-six police personnel (men and women) walking up and down the newly refurbished Paillon or on the Promenade along the beaches, talking among themselves or on their cellphones. My friends and I would wonder what "they do they ever do to police the lovely city of Nice?" (With all the dog droppings left behind, did not one of them ever see this happen?)
So, you can imagine my delight yesterday when I was on the local bus to go to Porte d'Espagne, a shopping center in Perpignan, and saw the motorcycle-riding policeman signal the bus driver and pull him over!! The driver had been on his cellphone, and I actually thought the policeman was just flagging him to get off the phone, but, NO! At the next stop, the policeman came to the door of the bus, and the driver gave him a red card, (his license?). The policeman went to his motorcycle and wrote him up (I hope and assume?). The driver got out and acted pretty jovial throughout the whole thing. The officer acted pretty somber. I acted pretty pleased! How many accidents have we heard of where the driver of the train or subway car was on his or her cellphone??

Driver is hidden from view; red seats are for the handicapped person, fabric has handicapped icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment