Friday, January 10, 2014

The Holidays in Nice

January 1, 2014

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Since my return from Paris, I have been doing what I had wanted when I decided to come here=LIVING HERE!! That has included morning exercise sessions, except the instructors are all on holiday for the two weeks over the holidays....going to various Meetup events...hike up above Ezes Village and down to La Turbie (5 miles)...etc.




Well, it was great fun to celebrate Christmas and New Years’ in Nice. On Christmas Eve I had a most delicious roast duck dinner at Tim and Mike’s with four of their friends. (This was actually the first time I had had duck!)  
Linda and Mike

Roast duck, wild rice, brussel sprouts!! YUM!!


Mini buche de Noel!!







Christmas night I went across the Promenade to Louise and Bernard's for a drink.

On New Year’s Eve Tim and Mike asked me to join them at their friend Adrian Leeds who had twelve people in to celebrate the arrival of 2014! It was fun to be welcoming the New Year in a balcony overlooking the street I had enjoyed walking when they first put out the holiday decorations!

Tim and Mike

I could not have said it better!!



  Soon into the new year, I spotted some local karaoke bars!! What fun to hear the different songs in French, Italian, and English....and not a bad way to learn some new vocabulary!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! I hope you will continue to join me in my 2014 travels....

No comments:

Post a Comment